Somerset Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Group is trained, skilled, and uniquely qualified to manage and treat facial trauma while often exceeding the modern standards oral surgeons must meet. Our surgeons are on staff at local hospitals in Somerville, Hillsborough, and Lebanon to provide emergency facial injury treatment. Common traumatic facial injuries include:
- Facial lacerations will be cleaned, sutured, and bandaged.
- Intraoral lacerations require more specialized care to prevent infection and promote optimal healing.
- Avulsed (knocked out) teeth can be replanted if the tooth is properly preserved – or replaced if the tooth cannot be saved.
- Fractured facial bones (cheek, nose, or eye socket) must be treated promptly to prevent structural or functional health problems.
- Fractured jaws (upper and lower jaw) also require prompt treatment to prevent structural problems.
For more information on facial trauma, contact Somerset Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Group. Call any of our offices in the Somerset County and Hunterdon County area to get started.