We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Our offices have always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. First, you will be contacted 48-72 hours prior to your appointment via phone, text or email and asked a set of health-related questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures to prepare you for your next appointment:
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- We ask that when you arrive to the office, please call to let us know that you are here to see if we are ready for you to come up for your appointment.
- You will be asked the screening questions again upon arrival.
- We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office.
- Record temperature and pulse of every patient upon entering the office.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Require an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Providing teledentistry services for follow ups or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- We ask that you attend your appointment alone unless the patient is a minor, or a companion is necessary.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the
steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Joel Efron, Dr. Robert Albin & Dr. Alan Hecht